雪夜读书
Friday, December 27, 2013
  Windows 8 sucks, recap
This time it is the narrator. I don't know how I triggered it, but I turned it on by accident. Then the problem starts. How can I stop it, or even better, how can I disable it?

The first challenge, you guess, is to find out the Microsoft lingo for this "feature". After searching on the Internet for 15 minutes, I got the magic word: "Narrator".

OK, then the second job is to disable it. Not too bad, Windows Key + Enter. But how to disable this feature? I am surprised to find that actually you can not. Someone suggests to shut off the executable bit of the binary. But dude, this is not a fix, it's a hack!

I was wondering why this time Microsoft choose to use hot key? Why not give us a small icon in the systray, and you can turn it on and off using this icon, just like managing input method. 

I can not help thinking:

In a serious business show, someone turned on his laptop and try to give the presentation. But somehow he turned on this "feature", then everytime when he click a key or move the mouse, a expressionless voice interrupted him. He tries to turn off this "feature", but just like me, he didn't know how the MS guys call this feature. And after a furious and frustrating 15 minutes, his time is up.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / October 2011 / January 2012 / June 2013 / December 2013 / October 2014 / June 2015 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]